[CentOS] Does Red Hat care about kernel bugs in CentOS?

Wed Sep 14 23:01:04 UTC 2005
Maciej Żenczykowski <maze at cela.pl>

> In the course of troubleshooting a netfilter problem, I've run into a
> scenario where I can reliably generate an oops with the netfilter module(s).
>
> I generally like perusing the bugs on Red Hat's bugzilla system because I can
> usually find solutions or patches to issues I encounter there.  In this case,
> I couldn't.  What do CentOS users do when they discover bugs?  Will Red Hat
> consider it?  Do I file it against "Red Hat Enterprise 3" if I'm running
> CentOS 3.5?  I'm concerned if things like System.map, etc. don't match
> between the RHEL kernel and the CentOS kernel.
>
> Any suggestions?

I guess the best would be to get an actual RHEL3 system to test on and get
the oops to appear - if the oops is reproducable this shouldn't be that
hard to do.  Possibly just post the method to the list and maybe someone
else with a RHEL3 system will take care of it?

Cheers,
MaZe.