[CentOS] CentOS 4U2 timing.

Thu Sep 15 07:48:19 UTC 2005
Pasi Pirhonen <upi at iki.fi>

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 10:47:44PM -0700, Hilliard, Jay wrote:

> >I find it a bit offensive when it's brough out as it is above.
> >It really should be 'we have a policy of releasing i386 first
> >even when anything else would be ready before'.
> >

> Well, I appreciate the efforts of Johnny H. and if it takes a week or two,
> regardless of ARCH, so be it.  He's doing a lot.  What happens if he needs
> an extended vacation?  He *is* CentOS, you know (that's not sarcasm).

So the fact that i can handle i386, x86-64 my hands tied with the ia64,
s390, s390x to CentOS-3/4 with alpha and upcoming sparc64 for CentOS-4
is something to be totally ignored? I even offered to make ppc64, but
there seems already be project for that so i don't touch it.

I ment more like that most times ia64, s390, s390x has been ready
before i386, but not released due the fack that 'it might confuse users
to to think that i386 has already been released, but they can't find
it'.

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/