[CentOS] CentOS 4U2 timing.

Thu Sep 15 15:10:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 16:54 +0400, Security wrote:
> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 22:47 -0700, Hilliard, Jay wrote:
> >

> >We are a team, and we all do lots of work for CentOS-4 ... and it
> >wouldn't be nearly as good if anyone on the team were less involved.
> >I / we appreciate all the effort that everyone gives to make CentOS the
> >best EL rebuild distro out there :)
> >

> Juste a few second, there is other good EL clones/custom build :)
> But Centos made a really good job.
>
> Just a question: how many hours Centos take to you per week ?? just to
> compare with
> the time Gralinux take to us.
>
> Regards
>
> jean-seb

Personally I spend 30-50 hours a week doing CentOS related stuff ... but
not just building updates (that is only maybe 15% of the time).

I also maintain the mail lists, research and build items for centosplus
and centosextras, maintain the mirrors database, manage all the CentOS
servers (14 and counting), manage the website, answer questions on IRC
and in the centos forums, etc.