[CentOS] Mailing List Etiquette

Thu Sep 15 22:28:58 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 16:49 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> So answering a question with "RTFM" or "JFGI" is not going to impart any
> of your experience ... which is one of the things they need and want.

Ummm ... as someone who takes the time to explain things on a regular
basis, I _rarely_ do that.  In fact, I took way too much time in a prior
thread!  I'm probably the most detailed and verbose person here, even if
I don't always explain things in ways that everyone can understand.  But
I do try and give answers (and not to "sport my knowledge").

Now I'm sorry I even said RTFM on the Mencoder thread.  How to control
bitrate is rather subjective in Mencoder, and only the man page is
complete.  That was my point.  Yes, Preston did "piss me off" in an
earlier thread, and from what I saw, he had not even bothered to hit the
man page (and it was more like a rant).  My response wasn't ideal.

But I still find it a bit sad that you used the terms "RTFM" and "JFGI"
because, given the recent words (although I never used or even suggested
JFGI), I want to take it personally.  Sorry, but it really looks
unicast.  I'm working on the hack for the YUM repository for my own,
internal needs, and will still pass it along.

But you are the project lead, and I can't complain.

Please block my e-mail address from the list as I requested prior.  That
way I can't even comment anymore.  This will be my last post to the list
for awhile.  Apparently some of the same core of "select people" have
gone from being tactful to outright blame and lack of ownership on their
part.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com