[CentOS] Capturing audio streams with Linux?

Thu Sep 15 22:33:41 UTC 2005
Steven Vishoot <sir_funzone at yahoo.com>

--- "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:

> Jim Bartus <jbartus at advance.net> wrote:
> > I can't believe you've managed to go four posts
> with
> > nothing to contribute but "RTFM".
>
> Do you know how many options there are to MP3 (among
> other)
> coding in mencoder?  I was hoping he'd tell me more
> so I
> could help him nail them down.  The man page is
> literally 100
> pages long -- with about 50 options of hundreds of
> variables.
>
> But apparently he's so busy telling us about his
> Pocket PC,
> and why there was no Linux optin, that he doesn't
> want to.
> And *I* get blamed for that, that is what really
> gets to me.
> I'm so damn sorry I even mentioned Palm was an
> option for
> some of us.
>
> In fact, I'm sure if I gave him some set of options
> that
> didn't work for his Pocket PC device, I'd probably
> get yelled
> at for even offering the command.  And God help me
> if I
> explained every option -- I'd get trashed for being
> overly
> verbose.  Ironic because in most cases, I'm still
> "simplifying" over a man page or other web page.
>
> I'm not supposed to be paranoid, yet we're getting
> like:
>   "Yes. And he wonders where he gets his reputation
> from...."
>
> Man, I am so damn sorry I try to help people
> sometimes.
> Everytime I make a suggestion about something,
> people think
> I'm establishing law.  And if someone says that they
> don't do
> something because Linux is not the right tool, if I
> even say
> that I use Linux and do the same thing, I get
> chastized.
>

> --
> Bryan J. Smith                | Sent from Yahoo Mail
> mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org     |  (please excuse any
> http://thebs413.blogspot.com/ |   missing headers)

OK here we go again another F%@#ing flam war starting
up!!!!!!

Debating how to filter with yahoo???? Or wondering if
it would be benifical to unscribe altogether????

Pretty much getting sick and tired of the damn crap
here... i can name a few, but it will not be worth me
naming names because all that does is start the damn
finger pointing.....I dont care who or what or F#@%ing
why just cut the damn crap out!! Sounds like a bunch
of old bitties bicker back and forth about the petty stuff!