[CentOS] PXE Install CentOS-4.1

Sun Sep 18 23:48:02 UTC 2005
John Newbigin <jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au>

Sebastian Schubert wrote:

 > please post your kickstart and your pxelinux conf :)

pxelinux.cfg/default:
label 4
   kernel centos-4-i386/vmlinuz
   append initrd=centos-4-i386/initrd.img ramdisk_size=10000
ks=http://csg.it.swin.edu.au/livecsg/scripts/ks-centos4.php ksdev=eth0

ks url returns:
url --url
http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jnewbigin/centos/centos-4/i386/centos-4.1
lang en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth0

And you can check the install files here:
http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jnewbigin/centos/centos-4/i386/centos-4.1

The files were copied from CDs 1-4.

I use this same setup for CentOS-3 and it works as expected.

John.

--
John Newbigin
Computer Systems Officer