[CentOS] YUM error - are repositories down or something?

Mon Sep 19 13:10:51 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 04:51, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> Following advice on how to ensure that PHP and MySQL are on my machine
> and working correctly, I ran the following YUM command, with the
> subsequent error:
>
> [root at localhost ~]# yum install php php-mysql httpd mysqlclient10 mysql-
> server
> Setting up Install Process
> Setting up Repos
> http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el4/en/i386/dag/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4]
> IOError: <urlopen error (113, 'No route to host')>
> Trying other mirror.
> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: dag
> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from dag: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
> try.
>
> Unless I am misunderstanding this error (which is quite likely), it
> seems to indicate that YUM can not reach the online repositories. Is
> that the case?

That doesn't look like the standard Centos yum repository.
Did you modify your yum configuration - you shouldn't
need to for packages that are part of the stock
distribution.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com