[CentOS] Recommendation for HTML editor

Tue Sep 20 02:51:42 UTC 2005
Dave Laird <dlaird at kharma.net>

Good evening, Dave...

On Monday 19 September 2005 6:25 pm, Dave Gutteridge wrote:

> Although I'm looking for editors that will run on CentOS, I can
> understand if this strays too much from the topic of the list. PLease
> email me off list if you feel that would be more appropriate.

Ironically, I just finished compiling one of my absolute *favorite* text
editors, Jed, from source, since I use it in nearly everything I do. It
does not come with CentOS, but it is a whiz to install. Add the durable
power of Aspell and some of its internals and you have one of the finest
non-GUI text editors around.

I also installed (from an RPM) Pico and Pine, and Joe for one of my office
staff, since he likes Joe better than Jed.

Of course, for those colon-challenged among us, there is always Vi.

Dave
--
Dave Laird (Dave at kharma.net)
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random fortune for the Minute:
You need tender loving care once a week - so that I can slap you into shape.
- Ellyn Mustard