[CentOS] Uniprocessor kernel booted after YUM update

Tue Sep 20 17:07:44 UTC 2005
Hilliard, Jay <Jay.Hilliard at disney.com>

I'd recommend comparing the BIOS versions with something like:
"dmidecode | grep -A4 BIOS" to see if there's a correlation between the
ones that got the UP kernel instead of the SMP kernel.

> It happened to me too.  I figured I was the one made an error and
> manually fixed the "broken" ones.  Mine were a mixture of HT-enabled
> P4's (which would normally run the smp kernel) and some dual opteron
> machines.  These are all rack servers configured identically so I'm not
> sure what triggered the behaviour in some of them without affecting them
> all.  Wierd.

-Jay