[CentOS] Can't get JRE to install so that FireFox sees it

Wed Sep 21 14:10:54 UTC 2005
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

> I re-open FireFox... and going to the same web page I was at before with
> the Java applet, I'm presented with the same screen saying I need to
> install the plug in.
>
> What am I doing wrong with the installation?

Simple way  "yum install j2re mozilla-j2re" from dag's repository. It
sets everything up for you.

The sun java rpm unpacks files, but doesn't really do much that's
useful. It doesn't set any of the environment variables or add java to
the user's path, or install itself with /sbin/aternatives