[CentOS] FWIW...

Wed Sep 21 16:09:41 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 08:47, Dave Laird wrote:

> Perhaps this will either help or encourage others interested in using
> CentOS as a networked workstation. It is based upon my experiences, and
> all other disclaimers apply.

[...]
> 2. Of course, as nearly always is the case, regardless of which platform
> I've been using, I had to manually install the Java runtime and create a
> link for it in my Firefox configuration. It's not really a glitch; more
> like it is a fact of life.

You might be interested in the k12ltsp distribution: they rebuild fedora
and now centos4 isos to include some extra stuff - mostly the ltsp
package to permit network booting of thin clients and some educational
packages.  They also add some push-button links to get some additional
software that can't be included - one of these gets the jre and plugin.
Isos are at:
    ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/4.4.1/iso/
or
    rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP/ .

--
  Les mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com