[CentOS] Recommendation On Ping And Alert Tool

Thu Sep 22 19:29:26 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 14:21, Todd Reed wrote:
> I previously used Nagios and because of the painful configurations, I found
> OpenNMS.  It does all I need and more, being more easier than Nagios.  It
> uses PostgreSQL and runs on top of Tomcat4.

Do any of these alternatives combine the ability to monitor current
status with a grid-like display of many systems and services with
notification alarms and also keep long-term historical graphs of
values?   I'm currently running spong for notifications/status and
cacti for history/graphs, but I'd like to find something that does
both with one snmp query.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com