[CentOS] OT: EVDO cards / service with CentOS

Sat Sep 24 15:18:33 UTC 2005
Barry Brimer <barry.brimer at bigfoot.com>

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 10:07 -0400, Peter Arremann wrote:
> On Friday 23 September 2005 23:00, Barry Brimer wrote:
> > Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with using EVDO high speed
> > wireless broadband service under CentOS?  I am looking for high speed /
> > low cost internet connectivity for an office that is in an area without
> > DSL or Cable.  My idea was to use EVDO from either Verizon or Sprint
> > with a PCMCIA to PCI adapter card that I could stick into a CentOS
> > machine that is used as the router/firewall.  If anyone has any specific
> > experience with these, please let me know.
> Running CentOS 4.1 and a verizon card without any issues. The VZ network runs
> ppp and the setup is very easy. Throughput is pretty good here in Tampa -
> even works well when traveling at 80 mph on the interstate :-) Anything else
> you want to know?

Thanks for the information.  What model of card do you have?  Any
special kernel support needed for the device?

Does anyone have any experience using PCMCIA to PCI adapters under
CentOS 4.1?  Particularly are there any that you've had bad experiences
with?

Thanks,
Barry