[CentOS] up2date upgrade-to-release question

Mon Sep 26 13:41:45 UTC 2005
Dave Laird <dlaird at kharma.net>

Good morning, Karanbir...

On Monday 26 September 2005 2:28 am, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> In a nutshell, unless you really understand the implications of
> upgrading using up2date or yum, reinstall is the best option ( or in a
> pinch, use the upgradeany install option after you remove all third
> party rpm's and packages ).

Since I asked this question originally, and my good friend Bob Hanson more
or less told me the same thing, it is good to see the logical outcome of
trying after I was warned. 8) Let us hope that in future releases the
developers at least allow us to do upgrades, but at the present time, it
does NOT seem something one would recommend.

Dave
--
Dave Laird (Dave at kharma.net)
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random fortune for the Minute:
Kirkland, Illinois, law forbids bees to fly over the village or through
any of its streets.