[CentOS] MythTV on Centos 4

Thu Sep 29 16:40:31 UTC 2005
Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com>

Scot, I believe you said you were using the IR receiver on the PVR-350, right? Do you
have any notes or gotcha's on getting it to work. So far, I'm having no luck.

I've got ivtv installed and have got my X session running on the PVR-350's frame
buffer. Now I'm trying to get the IR receiver working but am getting no output out of
irw.

I've got lirc 0.7.2 installed. I've got:

	alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c

in modprobe.conf. When I modprobe lirc_i2c it whines about bttv and cx8800 (which
aren't installed) then says:

lirc_i2c: chip found @ 0x18 (Hauppauge IR)
ivtv: i2c attach to card #0 ok [client=Hauppauge IR, addr=18]
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 10

So it looks like the two pieces are talking. the /dev entries seem to be correct. But
  I get no output at all from irw. No errors either. I even tried plugging in a
second Hauppauge IR receiver into the card that I had laying around.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,
Kirk