[CentOS] SATA RAID Block

Fri Sep 30 15:12:14 UTC 2005
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

From: Ed Morrison [mailto:edward.morrison at gmail.com]

> I'm looking to add a sata raid controller to my server, give it a
> terabyte of HDs and make a myth backend.  I'm having trouble
> determining
> if this raid block is compatible with linux.  Does anyone have any
> experience with this item?
>
> http://www.plinkusa.net/webBP-SATA3141B.htm

This is just an SATA backplane and so it shouldn't have any
compatibility issues.  If you want to do raid, you will still need a
raid card to connect to the disks in this enclosure.  You will need to
check the compatibility of the raid card.  The best ones are made by
3ware.  There was an extended conversation about them on this list a
while back.  Check the archives if you're interested.

Bowie