[CentOS] Copy and paste in a terminal with the mouse

Fri Sep 30 18:37:58 UTC 2005
Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net>

Jean Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody know what is the name of the tool which is needed to copy
> some text in a terminal window and to paste this text at the end of the
> command line using the mouse ?
>
> It is a basic function but really helpfull and it is not installed on my
> workstation.

Your message is not informative enough. Please describe what you did,
what happened, and what you expected to happen. Something like this:

	I started a gnome-terminal (window 1)
	I started another gnome-terminal (window 2)
	I selected window 2 for focus
	I moved the mouse pointer over some text with the
		left button held down in window 2
	the text was highlighted in window 2
	I moved the mouse pointer to window 1 and selected
		focus
	I pressed the center mouse wheel button
	I expected a copy of the highlighted text in window 2
		to appear in window 1
	the text did not appear

Then you can get some help. But at present, we have only a very
vague feeling of what might be wrong.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.