[CentOS] CentOS 4.3 occasionally locking up accessing IDE drive

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 05:56:06 UTC 2006

On 4/1/06, William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> Re the overnight diag, are environmental conditions similar to when you
> encounter problems? Temp, power "brown out", etc?

Yep.  The PC was custom-built less than 12 weeks ago, it's on a UPS
only a couple of weeks older than that, the case power supply is
supposed to handle up to twice as many drives as I have in there, and
the IDE cables are brand new and firmly seated.

> Secondly, are your current HD configurations consistent with what is
> actually on the drive?

AFAICT, yes.  And the other drive on the same IDE cable, also a
Maxtor, is working fine.