[CentOS] install CentOS using an external USB cdrom

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Apr 4 13:39:45 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 07:19, Gerald Waugh wrote:
> Yes, you put it in isolinux/isolinux.cfg
> Then create a new CD.

This is useful information; I have fifteen headless boxes of two types (one is
an older AMD K6/2 which would need the i586 install option, and the other is
a super industrial box made by MiraPoint; the Mirapoint rack mounts have
built-in UPS's and only a serial console accessible from the outside of the
case, even though they are built on an Intel server board that have embedded
VGA, the VGA connector is in such a location that the case has to be halfway
disassembled to get to it.)

The AMD K6/2 boxes were Agilent ATMprobes; they do not have a keyboard port on
the backpanel at all, and use the serial port for everything.  They
unfortunately don't have a USB port, either.

Hmm, a picture is worth a thousand words; I'll post a set of pics sometime
today of these boxes to my website, and then send a link to the list.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology