[CentOS] Backup options.

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Tue Apr 4 15:31:57 UTC 2006

Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:43:07AM -0400, Erin Fortenberry wrote:
>
>> I am a long time FreeBSD user and have been using dump/restore for many
>> years for disk to disk backups.
>>
>> Now I am getting more and more into FC4 and CentOS, but am I stuck on only
>> using tar/star for backups?
>>

> I'm using dump/restore on CentOS.
>
> AFAIK, it is the best "backup software" avaliable.

I agree.  I install an extra disk and do a disk to disk dump.
Periodically, I compress/download the dumps and store them offsite.  I
"discovered" dump back in the BSDI 1.0 days (my God...15 years
ago...hehe) and haven't felt like I needed anything more complex since
then.  It just plain works.

Cheers,