[CentOS] Re: Re: irqbalance is dead, can not shutdown

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Wed Apr 5 15:27:59 UTC 2006

One other thing,
You have to put the commands to set the CPU in a startup script like rc.local to reset them after a reboot.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org

"James Olin Oden" <james.oden at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ac921f990604050602h14555912h478ed2387ca5a43d at mail.gmail.com...
On 4/4/06, Steven <asterisk at tescogroup.com> wrote:
> I get better performance when I disable it.
>
> I put my PRI card interrupts on 1 CPU and my RAID controller, Eth, etc. on the other.
> This is a boost for my PRI cards. (digium cards for asterisk VOIP PBX)
> These cards produce 1000 interrupts per second.

Sow how do you do that?  Just curious...james

> irqbalance was reassigning the CPU for handling the interrupts on the PRI cards every few seconds.  During the switch, I would
> drop
> a few interrupts.

How does one note when the irq's are  being changed for particular devices?

Thanks...james