[CentOS] Updated Yum Docs

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Thu Apr 6 19:35:53 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 11:02 -0700, Mike Stankovic wrote:
> The docs in http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/docs/ do
> not reflect yum of today ie the yum plugins. Where can
> updated yum docs be found? By browsing lists such as
> fedora-devel, centos one can see how the plugins have
> "stumbled in" but newbies/anyone wanting to pickup on
> the new features has nothing to read.

I believe the crew is working on some updates to that stuff. The plugins
are "relatively" new in CentOS (I *think*) and, as you know, docs
*always* lag implementation in a real world env.

> <snip>

Also, keep in mind that some of the info you might want/need (non-
CentOS-specific) might be found here

      http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/

and here

      http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/yum/