[CentOS] RPM for postgresql 8-* for CentOS4?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Apr 10 21:38:14 UTC 2006

Craig White wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 22:02 +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> is there an RPM for 4-1 for postgresql? I did a yum, and the latest is
>> only 7-4
>>
>> Installing:
>> postgresql-server i386 7.4.8-1.RHEL4.1 base 3.0 M
>>
>> and I need at least 8-*
>>
>> Any ideas where to find an RPM for CentOS4-1?
>>
> ----
> you should upgrade your CentOS4 to 4.3 via yum
>
> check http://dev.centos.org
>
> I think there are rpms for postgresql-8.1

if you are using pkgs form the dev.centos.org repository - please
provide feedback, so that those packages can be moved into the
mirror.centos.org repositories.

inspite of the large number of people using these rpms from
dev.centos.org - almost none have bothered to take half a minute and
provide feedback either via email on the centos-devel mailing list or
the bugs.centos.org tracker for these packages.

We *need* that feedback! A lot of other users can also gain from this...

so once again, if you are using these rpms, let us know if they work for
you.