[CentOS] WOW

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Tue Apr 11 14:11:40 UTC 2006

Chris -

FWIW I fall into a category that is part newbie and part experienced in
that I have been using Linux since it's first release *BUT* I just use
it to run a server so I can have FTP for my daily updates to the
applications I maintain for my client and have proof sheets of my photos
for the local newspaper and other entities.

Once the server is running, it is left alone...sometimes for over a
year, so anything I may know is just about forgotten (my daily work is
in Windows).  This forum has been a great asset for me, though I will
from time to time use a forum more newbie oriented if I know from past
experience that I "should really know the answer".

Todd

Chris Peikert wrote:

> I couldn't help but take notice at some of the responses that were
> coming in from when I was posting questions due to my ignorance of
> Linux. Some people were quick to help, some advanced users I am sure
> ignored me because im not worth their time, and then some other users
> tried to help but was unable to dumb their speech down to newb levels.
> However I am thankful that there is people here to help out. I am
> hoping someone with CentOS will take notice at my difficulty in
> finding the bloody manuals and will put a link for future newbs that
> says "Download Manuals Here".  I also hope in the future if I have
> questions I will be able to get the answers I seek and those who
> helped me before will be able to help me again.
>

> Thanks

Ariste Software
2200 D Street Ext
Petaluma, CA 94952