[CentOS] my email address???

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Tue Apr 11 20:19:59 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 11:08 -0700, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>
> >> my real email address is rado at rivers-bend.com
> >>
> >> then a few days ago, I tweaked sendmail.mc I think it was to
> >> masquerade ideallightinginc.com (the other domain) now I just
> >> noticed I am showing as rado at ideallighting.com
> >>
> >> uggggg now what?
> >
> > If you use the masquerade feature you can only have one
> > masquerade_as target. Using the generics feature you can rewrite
> > outgoing mail differently.
>
> I hadn't used the generics table until recently. I wrote up a skeletal
> howto and use case; it may be of some help:

kk I got rid of that other masquerade feature...
I did add a feature `generictable' line ....by the book...tried to add a
file w/ a user  username at otherdomain
called it idealusers
then the book said to run makemap hash /etc/mail/idealusers (in my case)

and I never could get the prompt to come back...like it was hung

I then googled round and ended up installing webmin and put line in the
localdomains file

restarted sendmail as per the howto

I am not sure but I think that's all the howto instructions pertaining
to doing this.

I'll find out when I get someone to test it w/me

I hope so....long time since I used webmin but it's pretty cool

John rose