[CentOS] Multiple ISPs

Neil Jolly

neil at jollycom.ca
Wed Apr 12 02:54:44 UTC 2006

I have a situation where I need, what I'll call, a high availability
router to provide fail over between a cable service, and adsl
service,  from 2 separate ISPs. There is no requirement for outside
access just high uptime requirements for internet access from the lan
to the internet. At present I'm looking at just running a perl, or
shell, script to ping the gateway and then fail over to the opposite
interface, and vice-versa. Anybody know of a better way to do this,
or have any experience with a similar situation?

Thanks,
Neil Jolly