[CentOS] bootup error - undefined symbol: lvm_snprintf after yum update

Bowie Bailey

Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Wed Apr 12 16:57:29 UTC 2006

This is an x86_64 system that I just updated from 4.2 to 4.3
(including the csgfs stuff).

When I watch the bootup on the console, I see an error:

lvm.static: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/liblvm2clusterlock.so:
   undefined symbol: lvm_snprintf

This error comes immediately after the "Activating VGs" line, so it
appears to be triggered by the vgchange command in the clvmd startup
file.  I have another, identically configured, server which I have not
updated yet.  This server does not give this error.

Everything seems to be working fine, so is this something I need to
worry about?

--
Bowie