[CentOS] Problems with 4.3 install - didnt write boot record

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Apr 13 11:31:18 UTC 2006

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote on Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:33:16 -0400 (EDT):

> Err, investigating whether upstream supports reiser would have been a good
> first move.

Well, shouldn't the setup program not bark about this? I installed CentOS
yesterday on a system that had been running reiserfs as well. The partition
helper (disk druid or what it is) showed it and didn't indicate I should not
setup on it. Luckily, I wanted to wipe and format with ext3, anyway. F.i. if
you choose a /boot partition lower than 75 MB (I used 50 MB) setup will sound
a warning.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany