[CentOS] more than one repo with --disablerepo

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Apr 13 15:04:56 UTC 2006

Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> Another interesting trick I use all the time:
>
> yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=dag install XXXX
>
> That way, all repos will be disabled, and only the one explicitily
> listed will be used.

What I would love to find a way to do is this:

yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=csgfs update
...and still allow yum to use the base and update repos to satisfy
dependencies.

What I did instead was this:

yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=csgfs check-update

I then grabbed the list, extracted the package names and fed them back
to "yum update".

The idea was that I wanted to update the csgfs packages and the
required kernel (and other) packages, but I wanted to hold off on the
rest of the 4.3 updates.

--
Bowie