[CentOS] more than one repo with --disablerepo

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Apr 13 17:07:52 UTC 2006

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 11:04 -0400, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> >
> > What I would love to find a way to do is this:
> >
> > yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=csgfs update
> > ...and still allow yum to use the base and update repos to satisfy
> > dependencies.
> >
> > What I did instead was this:
> >
> > yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=csgfs check-update
> >
> > I then grabbed the list, extracted the package names and fed them back
> > to "yum update".
> >
> > The idea was that I wanted to update the csgfs packages and the
> > required kernel (and other) packages, but I wanted to hold off on the
> > rest of the 4.3 updates.
>
> yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=csgfs --enablerepo=base
--enablerepo=updates update

I don't think that does what I want.  The only packages I want to
update are the ones from the csgfs repo and whatever else is needed to
fill the requirements of those packages.  I don't want to update all
the packages from base and updates, just the ones that are needed to
update csgfs.

--
Bowie