[CentOS] Hobbit install requirements

Frank M. Ramaekers

FRamaekers at ailife.com
Mon Apr 17 14:54:53 UTC 2006

I'm attempting to install Hobbit 4.2.1 on CentOS 4.3.  When attempting
to "configure -server", I get:

:

:

Checking for RRDtool ...

RRDtool include- or library-files not found. These are REQUIRED for
hobbitd

RRDtool can be found at
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/

If you have RRDtool installed, use the "--rrdinclude DIR" and "--rrdlib
DIR"

options to configure to specify where they are.

Okay, fine, so now I'm attempting to install RRDtool...

rpm -Uvh rrdtool-1.0.50-2.2.el4.rf.i386.rpm

warning: rrdtool-1.0.50-2.2.el4.rf.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY,
key ID 6b8d79e6

error: Failed dependencies:

        perl >= 3:5.8.53:5.8.5 is needed by
rrdtool-1.0.50-2.2.el4.rf.i386

(I'm not exactly sure what it is telling me, I do have perl installed)

rpm -qa | grep perl

newt-perl-1.08-7

perl-libxml-perl-0.07-30

perl-Digest-HMAC-1.01-13

perl-XML-NamespaceSupport-1.08-6

perl-XML-LibXML-1.58-1

perl-DBD-Pg-1.31-6

perl-DBI-1.40-8

perl-Parse-Yapp-1.05-32

perl-LDAP-0.31-5

perl-Filter-1.30-6

perl-URI-1.30-4

perl-DateManip-5.42a-3

perl-libwww-perl-5.79-5

perl-XML-Encoding-1.01-26

perl-Time-HiRes-1.55-3

perl-XML-SAX-0.12-7

perl-Crypt-SSLeay-0.51-5

perl-SGMLSpm-1.03ii-14

perl-5.8.5-24.RHEL4

perl-HTML-Tagset-3.03-30

perl-XML-Parser-2.34-5

perl-libxml-enno-1.02-31

perl-Digest-SHA1-2.07-5

perl-XML-Grove-0.46alpha-27

perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9004-3.1

mod_perl-1.99_16-4.centos4

perl-HTML-Parser-3.35-6

perl-XML-Twig-3.13-6

perl-XML-Dumper-0.71-2

perl-Net-DNS-0.48-1

perl-Convert-ASN1-0.18-3

perl-XML-LibXML-Common-0.13-7

Thanks in advance...

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr. <mailto:FRamaekers at AILife.com>

Systems Programmer; MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE

American Income Life Insurance Company

Phone: (254) 761-6649     Fax: (254) 741-5777

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is solely for the use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at PrivacyAct at ailife.com.