[CentOS] X86_64, Groupinstall KDE fails

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Apr 17 20:45:32 UTC 2006

Benjamin Smith wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> What you wrote led me to a google search which resulted in this link:
>
> https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum/2005-August/007269.html
>
> which had a line to do a yum exclude which allowed me to get it to fly. It's
> now going thru 171 packages.... w00T...

wait!

dont just add that line in there, first make sure you yum erase all your
32bit apps and rpm's ( yum erase *.i386 *.i586 *.i686 ), otherwise you
are going to leave behind a large number of orphaned rpm's.

if you need those 32bit apps, consider just excluding the
fontconfig.i386 rpm. its a problem known since early 4.0 release days :(