[CentOS] Apache and '(13)Permission denied: access to ...'

Frank M. Ramaekers

FRamaekers at ailife.com
Wed Apr 19 13:24:15 UTC 2006

I'm attempting to install Hobbit and at the point of web access via
Apache.

The error_log states:

(13)Permission denied: access to /hobbit denied

I've tried a number of things and am still getting this:

1)                   /hobbit is located in /home/hobbit/server/www

2)                   Made sure all files are in the apache group

3)                   I've even chcon the files to httpd_sys_content_t

Does CentOs 4.3 have SELinux enabled as shipped?  (I'm not producing any
files in /var/log/audit)  (How do you tell if it's active?)

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr. <mailto:FRamaekers at AILife.com>

Systems Programmer; MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE

American Income Life Insurance Company

Phone: (254) 761-6649     Fax: (254) 741-5777

Murphy's Second Law: Everything takes longer than you think.

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is solely for the use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at PrivacyAct at ailife.com.