[CentOS] Apache and '(13)Permission denied: access to ...'

Wed Apr 19 13:46:57 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 08:24 -0500, Frank M. Ramaekers wrote:
> I’m attempting to install Hobbit and at the point of web access via
> Apache.
>

> The error_log states:
>
> (13)Permission denied: access to /hobbit denied
>

> I’ve tried a number of things and am still getting this:
>

> 1)                  /hobbit is located in /home/hobbit/server/www
>
> 2)                  Made sure all files are in the apache group
>
> 3)                  I’ve even chcon the files to httpd_sys_content_t
>

> Does CentOs 4.3 have SELinux enabled as shipped?  (I’m not producing
> any files in /var/log/audit)  (How do you tell if it’s active?)

edit the file:

/etc/sysconfig/selinux and set per the instructions there.  If changes
are needed, reboot the machine.

The directory (and all others up the path to /) need to have:

rwxr-xr-x permissions ... and the files inside the directory need:

rw-r--r--

cgi files need rwxr-xr-x

If the owner and group of the files and/or the directory are the apache
user and group ...then the last 3 can be --- for all the above
permissions.

so...

rw-r-----

and