[CentOS] dag repo and perl dependencies naming

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 11:36:29 UTC 2006

> you're right. I forgot to remove atrpms test.
> Note that I never do a general yum update. So my system should not be
> totally wrecked.

Except that it only takes one 'yum install' from ATrpms to replace a
couple of important core packages or install one thats incompatible
with upstream, thus causing your dilemma. Also note that if you never
do a yum update, then you're missing several important updates. If you
are indeed on 3.3 like you said earlier, then you're a little over a
year out of date. There have been several important bugs fixed, and a
couple critical ones which could potentially leave your system open to
intruders. It may not be wrecked from installed packages, but
negligence instead. Is there a reason to not perform basic upgrade
tasks like 'yum update' (aside from the obvious now where it won't
work)?

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be