[CentOS] dag repo and perl dependencies naming

Leonard Isham leonard.isham at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 02:12:16 UTC 2006

On 4/24/06, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Leonard Isham wrote:

> > > Next time, do us all a favor and report if something is not working.
> >
> > An apology to Dag.  I assumed that the goal was to move everyone to
> > RPMForge, and I was late in making the trasition.
>
> No apology needed, but I hate to get late feedback like this. If you have
> a problem, report it !
>
> Every report that says something like "I have seen that as well and I
> fixed it by doing..." is frustrating because I could have fixed it as well
> and the problem would be there anymore in the first place for anyone.
>
> I understand that if you have a problem and you need to get forward, you
> fix it first. That's normal. But if it is fixed, report it. The reason why
> you only got that problem, was because other people have been nice and
> reported other problems that you didn't have to deal with anylonger.
>
> The reason why Linux even works is because other people made it work and
> took the time to report problems and fix things. So not having the time to
> report something, while obviously having the time to reply on the
> mailinglist for the very same issue is frustrating :)
>
> BTW RPMforge == Dag if you're using EL3 or EL4, there is no difference.
> The aim with RPMforge is to try and make people help a project instead of
> an individual, but apparently it is not working very well :/

I for one am grateful for what you, all of the repository maintainers, do.

Since I use a few repositories, and  I know if I break it I get to
keep the pieces.  I assumed it was not specific to your repository at
the time I was trouleshooting it. I then moved to RPMForge and later
realized that it didn't happen anymore...

--
Leonard Isham, CISSP
Ostendo non ostento.