[CentOS] alsa 1.0.11 compile on 4.3

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 23:51:30 UTC 2006

> anyone compiled alsa 1.0.11  on 4.3? I get errors compileing alsa-drivers.

Perhaps rather than asking vague open ended questions you could post
the errors you're getting, and people could offer suggestions. Keep in
mind that anything you build from source, you're on your own with for
security upgrades etc. With everything you seem to be doing, I have to
question if centos is really the right distribution for you. Not to
chase you away, but I'm generally a fan of the right tool for the
right job.

> Anyone can try it download from http://alsa-project.org and doing
> the extract, ./configure and make. With out the make install nothing
> should be
> affected on your system if you dont want to use the new version.

If you have to explain this to people, perhaps they're not the ones
you should be taking build advice from......

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be