[CentOS] Why?

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 21:35:45 UTC 2006

On 4/27/06, Robert Spangler <lazydog at zoominternet.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I haven't installed anything other then what is in the Repos.
>
> Here are my Repo's:
>
> yum.repos.d $ cat atrpms.repo
> [atrpms] name= ATRPMS RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
> baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/el$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/stable
> gpgcheck=1
> enabled=1

We don't really need to go much further than this. This repo is known
to cause problems, replace system packages without warning, and not
provide full dependencies for packages. I consider it a 'USE AT YOUR
OWN RISK' repository. I do not recommend it to people except in rare
cases, and I never recommend leaving it enabled for just the reason
you're running into. Removing this repository may or may not fix the
problem.

> I've done a yum search but found nothing.  What am I missing besides what is
> listed above?  Thnx
>

> --
>
> Regards
> Robert
>
> Smile... it increases your face value!

This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be
in violation of the DMCA