[CentOS] Running mount in a script.

Michael Jacks

michael_jem at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 14:15:03 UTC 2006

I am running CentOS 4 and have the need to run "mount -t cifs ..." from
within a perl or bash script as part of an application.  The
application does not run as root.  I have been trying to do a chmod +s
on a root owned script but that doesn't seem to work. I still get
permission errors.  I also took a look at sudo but that appears to
require a user to periodically enter a password.  This would not work
for this application.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do a mount from a script
based application not being run as root?

Thanks for your help.

Mike