[CentOS] Centos 4.x, gnome & key "repeating"

Tue Apr 11 23:36:23 UTC 2006
Finnur Örn Guðmundsson <finnzi at finnzi.com>

Hi,

I have a strange problem with Centos 4 (all kernels so far). When i am
running gnome (havent tried KDE) and i go into a browser or even just a
console window and type something a letter repeates it self 10-20 times
(likeeeeee thhhhhhissssss). I can turn this of the the keyboard settings
(repeating keys) but then i cant hold down backspace and so on ....I
think this is some kind of software error but cant really figure it out :|

My hardware is:
Nvidia NFORCE4 chipset
AMD X2 4200+
2Gb Memory
SATA harddrive

SMP kernel (all of the Centos kernels seem to have this problem...havent
tried the uni processor onces tho)

I've also ran Fedora Core 4 & Fedora Core 5 on this box and have no
problems there.

Anyone knows a solution for this (except for turning off Repat Keys).

Thanks,

Finnur Guðmundsson