[CentOS] Multiple LUN support

Wed Apr 12 19:03:11 UTC 2006
Mark Elam <melam at mobilygen.com>

Hi all...

I have a scsi Tape library.  Centos only sees the tape drive portion of
the library.  I need to enable Multiple LUN support to get the library
and tape drive recognized.

I am looking for some help enabling multiple lun support in Centos 4.  I
had a procedure on how to do this in the 2.4 kernel but it doesn't seem
to work in the 2.6.  Any help would be appreciated.

Config:

Standard intel server board.
p4 processor
(3) 3-ware controllers
Lsi Logic u320 scsi card
External SCSI tape library.

Worked before on a Whitebox linux 2.4 kernel, just added:
options scsi_mod "max_scsi_luns=16"
to /etc/modules.conf and rebuilt the initrd image, then reboot.  All
worked fine.  But Whitebox is crap and was giving me probs and also want
everything standardized on CentOS!

Thanks!