[CentOS] firewall and * suggestions

Thu Apr 13 17:28:20 UTC 2006
Simone <simone72 at email.it>

Hi,
I am going to set up an office of 30 employees and since it's the first
time I thought I will ask for suggestions (trying to make a CentOS base
office :) ). I was planning to re use an old Compaq LPr PII 450, sw
mirrored scsi 10000rpm disks, 448Mb RAM,  to build a CentOS based
firewall and I was wondering if this hardware would be enough to serve
30 clients (I already have a centos firewall serving 8 users on a PC
celeron 1,3Ghz machine and top shows average load 0.00).
The other service they'll need is filesharing, which will be Samba
running on samba Dell PE1800 (although we could use a compaq 1850r PIII
600), while for the phone system I would like to set up Asterisk and I
was wondering if anyone has had a good experience with the Xorcom TS-1,
which seems a nice cost effective system.

Suggestions are very welcome, have a nice day.

Simone