[CentOS] Problem installing mkcdrec

Tue Apr 18 19:02:57 UTC 2006
James Olin Oden <james.oden at gmail.com>

On 4/18/06, Mace Eliason <meliason at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am tring to install mkcdrec on centos 4.2.  ( makes a bootable backup
> image of linux)
>
> I am using an rpm that I found for FC4 but it won't install it says that
> I am missing a package.
>
> perl(are)  required by mkcdrec, v0.9.1, 1

That is saying that a perl library are.pm ins required by this
package.  When the package was built rpm scanned all perl scripts and
modules for "include" and "use" lines to pick up all required
libraries.

That said I have never seen a library on cpan (just searched) called
are.pm, so I willing to bet the perldeps script misread something.
To narrow this down, you might consider using rpm2cpio to extract the
files from the rpm, and then foreach perl script run:

   /usr/lib/rpm/perl.req $perl_script

This will spit out the requirements of that script as rpm would have
seen them.  Then once you have found the one that spits out perl(are)
look at it and try to figure out where it wrong.  If you send the
script to the rpm-devel list I would be happy to look at it to figure
out what went wrong (but you'll need to find the needle for me first).

Cheers...james