[CentOS] newbie kernel question

Sat Apr 1 20:59:39 UTC 2006
Nick Smith <nick.smith79 at gmail.com>

cant i just recompile the kernel with reiserfs support? where is the
documentation for recompiling the kernel? i can enable it myself, i
dont need a special kernel do i? ive never had to have one for any
other distro, if i can get the kernel source i should be able to just
"make menuconfig" and turn on what i want right?  why do i have to go
into unsupported territory to get a kernel with the support i need? is
this just the RH/CentOS way? sorry for all the stupid questions ive
just never used a RH type distro before.

thanks