[CentOS] vsftpd: transfer of files fails

Sun Apr 2 21:01:16 UTC 2006
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

I'm now almost sure that this is a bug in vsftpd 2.0.2 or at least the
CentOS package of it. I had misinterpreted the xferlog first, it was only
one account that couldn't transfer files. After a lot of trying and
renaming it turns out that *any* user (I didn't try with root and similar,
though, but with ordinary users I can throw away) who's primary group id
is 10174 (group name doesn't matter) cannot transfer files via FTP. The
transfer fails as described earlier.
I didn't try with a different ftpd and I don't have another CentOS system
at the moment where I could double-check it. But I have done everything
else I could imagine to rule out other causes. I also uninstalled and
reinstalled the vsftpd rpm with yum.
Would anyone here like to review this finding?
Or knows a different cause of this problem than vsftpd?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany