[CentOS] Domino on CentOS

Wed Apr 5 15:19:33 UTC 2006
Eduardo Grosclaude <eduardo.grosclaude at gmail.com>

> > Can someone give any advice on installing Lotus Domino 7 on Centos 4.2?
> > Replacing /etc/redhat-release contents by Nahant signature does the
> trick?
> > TIA

what problem did you have during the install process ?

Warning:
Domino does not support this system:
CentOS release 4.2 (Final)
Validating...
Installation settings for host sh145:
    Installation type    : Domino Enterprise Server
  Install template files :  Yes
  Server Setup Method    :  Manual Server Setup
  Configure to ASP Server:  No
    Program directory    : /opt/ibm/lotus
   Data directory       : /local/notesdata
      UNIX user          :  notes
      UNIX group         :  notes

For the latest patch DB please go to http://www.lotus.com/ldd/checkos

  However, later on:

This will check the Operating System level and tell you what is missing.
Note, no patch list if all patches are present.

The OS appears to have the correct patches .
Installing Domino Server kits ...
0   10   20   30   40   50   60   70   80   90   100
The Domino Server installed successfully.

Should I make the change int /etc/redhat-release and attempt reinstallation,
or is it safe to use it as is? Thank you again for your help

--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue