[CentOS] MySQL 4.1 on CentOS 3

Thu Apr 6 04:38:42 UTC 2006
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

> On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 21:51, Craig White wrote:
>
> > > You can d/l the SRPM here and build it on a C3 machine though, it should
> > > work if done outside a chroot:
> > ----
> > fair enough. I am downloading right now but I think I am gonna go to
> > bookstore and to dinner first before tackling this adventure and will
> > report back. I presume that I will have to build mysqlclient10
> > separately and that doesn't get built by this SRPM - right?
>
> Are you sure this is easier than just moving to Centos 4.x?
> The only thing that should be even moderately complicated
> to move might be mod_perl apps.
----
I'm not sure that it's easier, but I am sure that I didn't estimate the
time necessary to do that migration to the client.

I am trying to work in vtiger and I had installed it before but didn't
pay attention to the fact that it was a CentOS 4 box that I installed it
on and in the requirements of vtiger, is MySQL 4.

So I am trying to slip in a MySQL upgrade without making it a big
project.

Craig