[CentOS] CentOS FastTrack repository

Thu Apr 6 12:49:28 UTC 2006
Pasi Pirhonen <upi at iki.fi>

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 07:08:27AM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> The upstream provider has started a new channel called fastrack.  It is
> detailed here (see the whole thread):
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/nahant-list/2006-April/msg00001.html
>
> CentOS will also build the fastrack SRPMS.  We have created separate
> repositories in CentOS-3 and CentOS-4 called fasttrack.  (I know the
> spelling is different, that is by design.  We don't want to use the name
> of the upstream provider's program.  Same as our use of CSGFS for
> Cluster Suite / Global File System, and not the upstream acronyms.)
>
> The purpose of the CentOS-FastTrack repo is to provide Bugfix and
> Enhancement updates for people who choose to do these updates BETWEEN
> the point releases.
>
> For example, there are currently 7 SRPMS that have been built for the
> CentOS-4 fasttrack repo ... they are here:
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/fasttrack/SRPMS/

This is about i386/x86-64. As i hear about this first time from this
public mailing list 'announcement', i have to say that this does not
consern ia64, s390, s390x, alpha (or maybe sparc). I am quite fed up
about how these things are handled. Usually i find out things like
this. It's always nice to read about it on public mailing list first
time.

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/
Top postings silently ignored