[CentOS] How to install network Printers

Thu Apr 6 16:28:31 UTC 2006
Steve Huff <shuff at vecna.org>

On Apr 6, 2006, at 12:08 PM, Chris Peikert wrote:

> Odd.. wget is not a recognized command. I never even herd of wget
> so it
> doesn't surprise me. Know of any other way? I am also looking for
> books to
> learn Linux since I have only been messing with it for...2 weeks
> now. I
> looked at the dummy books but they don't cover Red Hat. So am I
> suppose to
> get a dummy book for each flavor of linux or how does this work?
> Since I am
> using CentOS do I get the Red Hat dummies or what?

two books that were of inestimable use to me some time back are the
Unix System Administration Handbook and the Linux Administration
Handbook, both by Evi Nemeth, Garth Snyder, Scott Seebass, and Trent
Hein.

http://www.admin.com/

they're of great practical use, and they'll keep being useful long
after you've progressed past the "dummies" stage.  go buy them. :)

if you're only going to buy one, of course, buy the Linux book.

-steve

---
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v