[CentOS] Screen sizes

Thu Apr 6 19:47:20 UTC 2006
Steve Huff <shuff at vecna.org>

On Apr 6, 2006, at 3:28 PM, Chris Peikert wrote:

> Yea im very new to Linux. The Ctl-alt command didn't work nor did
> the CTL by
> itself. What is X or the X configure? As for the documentation for
> CentOS I
> went to Red hats website through a link someone gave me but there
> is so many
> documents I don't know which ones I am suppose to download. Before
> I waste
> my time downloading them all I would like someone to give me a
> better heads
> up on what to download first. Everyone says to Google the
> information but I
> cant seem to find anything for a beginner.

ok, here goes:

http://www.centos.org/docs/4/html/rhel-sbs-en-4/

this is the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Step By Step Guide; it's a
reasonably good start for a newbie.  i'd recommend reading all of it
rather than trying to pick out bits and pieces.

if you'd like to print it out for offline reading, a PDF version is
available here:

http://www.centos.org/docs/4/pdf/rhel-sbs-en.pdf

once you're done with those, consider perusing the System
Administration Guide and/or the Reference Guide, or read those books
i recommended earlier.  more general documentation is available at
the Linux documentation Project:

http://www.tldp.org/

but at a bare minimum, read the Step By Step Guide.  then come back
with questions. :)

-steve

---
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v